Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ciao Bella!

Unfortunately, I don't have time to write a proper entry on Rome right now. What I will tell you is that I have been here for three days and am madly, truly, deeply in love with this city. I should also tell you that I am going to need to buy some bigger clothes due to the three dinners per night we have been eating. The past three days in Rome have been a magical world wind of sights, food, wine, and gelato. It has been pure unabashed gluttony. I give all of the credit to our hostess (my good friend from college, Ginny) for showing us an unbelievable time.

Today we are hopping on a train and heading down to Naples where we plan to spend two hours for the simple purpose of seeking out the "world's best pizza" (we'll see!). After we stuff ourselves silly, we will hop back on the train and head to Sorrento for a few days before moving onto the rest of the Amulfi coast. I will try to send an update from there, but in the mean time, here are some pictures to enjoy.

I love and miss you all!

Fabulous Italian/American/Polish Brunch at the WB


The Colosseum

View Over Vatican City

Dave and I Tossing Coins into Trevi Fountain
(This is supposed to ensure your return to Rome)

Inside St. Peter's Basilica

Trying to Fit in with the Fountains

Ginny Joins the Fun

Dave Couldn't Resist

No comments: